Kraftwerk – Trans Europa Express
Trans Europa Express/Trans-Europe Express was the first Kraftwerk album to be mixed in two entirely separate versions, one in German, the other in English. In addition, a French language version of 'Showroom Dummies' entitled 'Les Mannequins' was included on French pressings of the album (which otherwise features the English mix).
Most German pressings (as well as the 2009 remastered reissues) list 'Metall Auf Metall' as two separate tracks, the second part entitled 'Abzug'. Most other versions only list 'Metal On Metal', but include both tracks.
The original German pressing (and many of the other editions) features a monochrome portrait by New York photographer Maurice Seymour, with the group dressed in suits to resemble mannequins. A highly retouched colour photo montage of the group by J. Stara is used for the British, American and other editions. A color collage of the group sitting at a small cafe table designed by Emil Schult was used for the inner sleeve. Most of the 2009 reissues feature a simplified monochrome 'TEE' design.
1 in stock
Kling Klang – 1 C 064-82 306 Vinyl, LP, Germany 1977 with Insert
1. Europa Endlos
1. Trans Europa Express
2. Metall Auf Metall
4. Franz Schubert
5. Endlos Endlos
• Phonographic Copyright (p) – Kraftwerk
• Printed By – 4P Nicolaus GmbH
• Recorded At – Klingklang Studio
• Recorded At – Rüssl Studio
• Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
• Electronic Drums – Karl Bartos, Wolfgang Flur
• Electronics, Vocals – Florian Schneider, Ralf Hutter
• Engineer [Klingklang Studio] – Peter Bollig
• Engineer [Rüssl Studio] – Thomas Kuckuck
• Engineer [The Record Plant] – Bill Halverson
• Photography By – J. Stara, Maurice Seymour
• Producer, Concept By [Album Konzept] – Florian Schneider, Ralf Hutter
• Synthesizer [Synthanorma Sequencer] – Matten & Wiechers
• Typography [Typografie] – Ink Studios Düsseldorf
The first editions were released with an inner sleeve and a poster of thick paper. Later inner sleeve and poster was re-released on thinner paper.
Recorded at Klingklang Studio Düsseldorf, Rüssl Studio Hamburg and The Record Plant Hollywood.
Near Mint (NM or M-)
Near Mint (NM or M-)